Tuesday, April 24, 2012

this is the place field trip

 I went with Matthew's preschool class to This Is The Place Heritage Park.  I had never been there before, so it was fun to explore a new place.  We started off by visiting a house where everyone got to learn how to card wool and watch a spinning demonstration.  The kids enjoyed playing for awhile at the little playground that is a miniature village.  Matthew enjoyed ringing the school bell.
 All the little houses had furniture inside, so the kids could pretend.
Next we took a ride on the train around the whole park.  I didn't realize it was so big!
 Then we visited the house where they talk about the chores that the children would have done during the pioneer days.  The kids got to try out various chores like ironing and churning butter.
Here's Matthew with a couple preschool friends outside the barn where we visited the baby animals -- lambs, rabbits, chicks, goats, and I can't remember what all!  There's lots of other houses and buildings to discover on another visit. It was a fun outing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool you got to go there! We volunteer there in the summer at the home where you churn the butter and do the ironing. My kids loved it!