Tuesday, December 30, 2008

christmas day

A few pictures from Christmas. Here's our filled stockings (it's a family tradition to stuff real socks) Each sock had cereal and grape juice for Christmas breakfast, some candy, and one other little present. Jared got an ihome -- ipod dock, clock and radio in one. He was totally surprised and thrilled!
Here's Matthew figuring out his leapster thingy -- lots of buttons to push and sounds to hear, plus a phone to practice talking to grandparents. He loves it.
Here's the boys checking out Ryan & Jacob's DS's. Ryan's previous DS broke a couple months ago, so now he has a snazzy white one. Jacob is thrilled to have a DS like the big boys. He figured it all out in no time!
This is Matthew enjoying one of his new books. He loves looking at books -- he must take after his Dad!
I got a super deal on this lego set for Jared -- he was pleasantly surprised and excited to start building. With 625 pieces, it took some time to put together -- he really enjoys doing that. I'll post a picture of the finished product later.
Here's Ryan with his Lego Coast Guard Platform. He was totally excited to get it -- so was I, since it was really a little bugger to shop for.
And here's Jacob with his Lego Imperial Dropship. He was soooo excited!
The kids loved everything they got and especially enjoyed opening gifts they gave to each other. The boys each drew names this year, but when it finally came down to it, the older boys decided to give a gift to everyone. I love that they did this all on their own. They really found joy in giving as well as getting. We enjoyed the day together at home playing with our Christmas stuff and Mark & I even managed to get in a long walk together in the afternoon. A very nice Christmas all around.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like your Christmas was super-successful! Your pj-pants look great! One of these days I'll undertake such a project. The kids love the "jams" that my mom makes them each year, and it would be great to have a few more like them. It was great to see you for the cousin bash. We can't wait to get everyone together again. Next year I think we should plan a day-long cousin party. One evening together is too short. Both Kaymi and Stephen wanted to stay and play with "Jakey".

Kathleen said...

Seems like it was awesome! We had a good one, too, and missed out on all the cousin stuff. But I guess that's life in Arizona.